Brevard County Solid Waste Talks Recycling
Congratulations Brevard! We are now at 52%, exceeding the State's recycling goal of 50% by the end of 2014. Learn more about recycling.
Remember to place your recycling cart at the curb the night before your collection or prior to 6:00 a.m. on your collection day. Residential collection begins at 6:00 a.m.
What can I put in my recycling cart?
- Aluminum cans, etc. - All aluminum, steel and tin cans, empty aerosol cans (food only) clean foil & aluminum food pans.
- Cardboard, etc. - Milk & juice cartons, paper towel & toilet tissue rolls, paper-board food boxes and corrugated cardboard boxes.
- Glass bottles & jars. Clear and color glass bottles and jars. NO oven cookware, drinking glasses or ceramics.
- Paper - Newspapers, magazines, catalogs, shredded paper (place in paper bags not plastic), paperback books, office paper, junk mail, envelopes, telephone books and brown paper bags.
- Plastic bottles and containers - Beverage bottles and food containers (water and soda, yogurt and butter tubs). Dish soap, laundry detergent, shampoo, conditioner and similar items. Caps and pumps on can be left on. No straws please.
Please rinse all containers and flatten boxesThe following items DO NOT go into your recycling cart:
- empty containers of motor oil | pesticides | antifreeze or pool chemicals